One of my kayaking friends was selling his Ocean Kayak Malibu 2XL fishing kayak so after not much consideration I bought it off him. The plan was to take out other friends or family members who didn’t have a fishing kayak but wanted to try kayak fishing. I’d been looking at this model for quite a while, the Malibu 2XL was large and apparently very stable in the water, similar to the Ocean Kayak Big Game in size and weight but able to carry 2 or 3 people.
The specs are as follows:
- LENGTH: 13′ 4″ | 4.1 m
- WIDTH: 34″ | 86.4 cm
- WEIGHT: 68 lbs | 30.8 kg
- BOW SEAT WIDTH: 24″ | 61.0 cm
- STERN SEAT WIDTH: 24″ | 61.0 cm
- CENTRE SEAT WIDTH: 18.5″ | 47.0 cm
- BOW LEG LENGTH: 46″ | 116.8 cm
- STERN LEG LENGTH: 44″ | 111.8 cm
- CENTRE LEG LENGTH: 49″ | 124.5 cm
- MAX CAPACITY: 450-500 lbs | 204.1-226.8 kg
The pics and video below are from the Malibu 2XL’s maiden voyage in May 2017.